Saturday, April 5, 2014

Sentinel Theme Setup

This post is a reminder of how I set up my Sentinel theme. I bought the theme in Jan, and didn't bother to update the theme since then. Yesterday, I decided to update the theme, and here are a few things that I did.

The error “The image could not be loaded.” and post text wrapping image problem - I suppose there are many ways to solve this problem, but I just remove line 686-801 in global.js in folder js, and the problem goes away.

Add an Adsense 468x60 banner ad at the top right corner - Edit header-1.php in folder templates/header, comment out line 36-37, add the Adsense code after line 35. To make the ad looking better, I put the ad code inside a <div style='float:right; margin-top:14px;'> </div>

Remove the orange message "Navigation Menu can be added in Appearances -> Menu" at the bottom right corner - If you don't use a menu at that location, an error message will appear. Edit footer-bottom.php in folder templates/footer, comment out line 19-28.

Remove comments number, likes number, and author box in blog post - Edit blog-single-1.php in folder templates/blog, comment out line 28-29, and 43. Edit htmlPrinterPost.php in folder printers, comment out line 104-112.

Remove comments number in the front page - Edit recentPosts.php in folder visualComposer, comment out line 87.

That's about it for now. Obviously, you can do a lot of modifications to set it up the way you like it. Overall, the theme is getting better and better, e.g. the front page sidebar and visualComposer are working now.

No comments:

Post a Comment